How do I cook a beef top round roast?

Step by step please

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 4:17 PM on Dec. 9, 2012 in Food & Drink

• 3 hours (give or take) in the oven at 350 or until internal temp is appropriate. Or leave it for tomorrow and crock pot it (which is what I would do).
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 4:28 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• Onions, garlic, seasoning and roast, water. Put it all in a crock pot. Cook all day. Wala. Nice and tender.

Answer by louise2 at 7:42 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• Did you want to slow cook it in a crock pot? I like it that way, w/ some beef broth & veggies.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:19 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• One recipe that I would seriously try if you like asian cooking and want to "spice up" dinner differently, Then try this! AWESOME!! (even thinking of doing it tomorrow nite for my family now that you gave me the idea again :)
    BUL GO GEE
    1 lb. top round of beef, very thinly sliced into strips (just like bacon)
    3 tbsp. light brown sugar or any sugar
    1/2 c. soy sauce
    Salt & pepper
    1 tbsp. roasted sesame seed, ground
    4 tbsp. sesame oil
    1 garlic clove, crushed
    2 scallions, chopped
    Cooking wine
    Mix the beef, sugar, soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste, half the sesame seeds, the oil, garlic, scallions together. Set aside at room temperature for 1 hour, basting and turning the meat from time to time. Prepare the grill (broil) hot. Lay the beef strips on the lined grill pan and grill (broil) for 5 to 6 minutes or until the strips are cooked through and evenly browned. (Or beef can be fried quickly in a little sesame oil until b
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 4:31 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• OR if you are looking for a little cajun in your life try this - I think you could probably use any kind of beef roast for...
    ROAST BEEF PO-BOYS!! Made that last night and it was AWESOME! Licking your hands from all that gravy and yumminess!! You can find it at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sloppy-roast-beef-po-boy-recipe/index.html
    You will NEVER regret making this and your family will LOVE you for it!! Good luck and happy cooking :)
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 4:43 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• Time in the crock pot depends how big it is. You could get it done yet on high but it wouldn't be as tender as if you could do it longer and/or on low.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 5:09 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• Nope, no time for crockage
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 4:20 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• unless i wait for tomorrow
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 4:21 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• How long in the crockpot? it's 1 30pm here
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 4:33 PM on Dec. 9, 2012