About my daughter's sisters... (Accidentally closed the question, so here it is again).

My oldest daughter's father had two other daughters, ages 11 and 7 and a half, who now reside apart from each other, with their maternal grandmother and one of her relatives or friends. The grandmother has steadfastly turned down any desire we have for visitation--ever. It also is likely that she does not have the girls' best interests at heart. Both parents are in various stages of recovery (or not) from substance abuse, so even though I am civil with my daughter's father, he may not be of much help for a long time. The 7-year-old is deaf (and has coclear implants). I have been learning ASL & AE for about 18 years. I am not sure of my legal rights, but I believe my daughter, who is 19, can fight for visitation. I have a free legal advice line that I am going to call soon. Is there anything else we can do to see these girls?

goldenruler

Asked by goldenruler at 6:23 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Adoption

• Your not with the bio dad anymore I don't think there is anything legally you can do. Like you said your daughter is 19 so maybe she can. I hope things work out, sisters need each other.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:34 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• yea well anon you can have my sister. lol
    OP like anon said your daughter is the one that would have to pursue this and i hope all goes well
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:49 AM on Feb. 12, 2009