What is the best table for a 5 year old? My daughter plays with my IPad all the time and she needs her own. I want one that has educational apps and netflix. Ideas?

ChloeAMom

Asked by ChloeAMom at 8:06 PM on Dec. 9, 2012 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Get one of those kid ones.

Answer by louise2 at 8:23 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• I just got a Kindle Fire (not the HD version) - I highly recommend it. Netflix is a free app, there's a "kindle free time" app - it's ALL kid stuff and once you "log in" to it she can't "log out" until you again put in the password you set up - it's free the first month then 2.99/month after that. There are tons of other awesome apps, I added a scholastic one for my 2 younger kids (5 & 7). I normally wouldn't recommend anything like that for a kid BUT it's cheaper than an iPad and has everything except the iPad apps. LOVE my Kindle.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 8:42 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• I'm going to say get something with a keyboard she will need that skill for school starting in grade 2. While apps are fun learning a keyboard will be more useful for the rest of her life.
    pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 9:15 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• We are doing the nexus 7, lots of apps, movie, music, e-reader, etc for my kid.
    Anonymous

• We have a non-hd kindle fire and our kids love it! I love that if it does accidently fall or get broken, it's less pricey to replace! However, my 8,5,and 2 year olds all play with it and it is a durable machine! It also has built in parental controls so you can control what they can or can't do/purchase/watch if you are not right there!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:57 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• The Nabi is for young children, $200. Educational, but not sure about netflix.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 1:13 PM on Dec. 17, 2012