Australian DJ's do a prank phone call to Kate Middleton's Hospital in London........

they got through, not thinking they would, now the Nurse who put the call through to her ward has been found dead/suicide, so sad, a prank gone real bad, a lot of lives affected......your thoughts??....should they be found criminally at fault?

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 9:45 PM on Dec. 9, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• My guess is that she felt responsible on some level and therefore let down her Queen. I don't think we can fully understand this impact since we don't live under a monarchy. I think this was a serious failure to her which caused her enormous grief. So sad. The dj's shouldn't get in any more trouble. DJ's do this stuff all the time for their shows.
    Anonymous

• The idea that it's about the prank call alone still doesn't make sense. It was an Australian radio show, and the whole thing did not get any real publicity outside Australia. It was linked on Twitter and such, but that wasn't associated directly with her. The Royal's were nothing but nice about it, and even issued a statement about how tragic her death was. Unless the fallout at work was much worse than anyone is letting on to the media, there had to be more going on with her than that.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:09 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• No they should not be criminally responsible. I do feel bad for the nurse, who knows what was happening at work because of this stupid call.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 10:39 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• I don't know. I have mixed feelings. Can one thing really make anyone commit suicide?
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:57 AM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Nope, they shouldn't. It seems like the nurse was already suffering from some sort of mental problems for her to go that route.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:46 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• I read about this on-line and didn't really understand, why or what happened. I don't watch tv and listen to the radio only in the car. So, not very in the know... So, are you asking if the royal's did her in or do you think, she actually committed suicide?
    She was a mom with kids - I wonder if anything else was happening in her marriage? with her kids?
    I read that the hospital did not discipline her, well liked by her co-workers and one of the best nurses in the hospital.
    It does seem strange...
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 9:50 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• Poor woman. She must have been dealing with other things going on in her life. The prank call was a stupid immature idea, but I don't think the callers can be held responsible for more than that. How would they have evpossibly predicted the rest?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:05 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• I can't find anything on WHY she commite suicide. What exactly happened?
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 10:54 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• One of my mom's bff are English, and she told me once they are some very proud people, and to be made a fool of like that nurse was might have been too much, and like Anon (^^^^) said she might have saw that as a failure and committed suicide.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 11:24 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• She gave out personal health information over the phone that was played out to many millions of people. That is a huge issue for a nurse. It may be that she was humiliated; I know the hospital had been working with her through it, as she was devastated.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 11:29 PM on Dec. 9, 2012