I want a marketing firm to handle the social media for my company. How much would that cost?

MilagroShibuya

Asked by MilagroShibuya at 10:00 PM on Dec. 9, 2012 in Money & Work

• Depends on the company, their amount of involvement and the types of advertising they are going to do for you. The best thing to do is to do your homework. Get online and research, research, research. Narrow it down to 3 companies that you think could work for you. Get in touch with them. Interview and compare. Choose the best fit and get to marketing. :)
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 10:27 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• I don't know what it will cost, too many variables but I can say it isn't cheap.
    Anonymous

• Depends on where you are, how much you want them to do. It will be more expensive if they need to set everything up for you, less expensive if they're just working with what you already have. And how often they have to do things will make a difference as well. If you need intensive social media presence, it may be more cost effective to hire your own social media editor as an employee, rather than contracting it out. If you only need a tweet here and there (and you can link that to Facebook) then it will probably be best to do it on your own.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:49 AM on Dec. 10, 2012

• How about hiring college students or turning it into an internship?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:18 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Turning into an internship for people who are coming out of those programs. making an internship can help both of you build their book and get your work done.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:21 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• That would all depend on the level and type of work you want done. Do you want them to make and e-marketing plan for you? Do you want them to develop your website and bring in traffic? There are different types of work you can have a contractor do for you so you need to do a detailed description of the work and they will quote you correctly. Try social media agency that offers a complete range of social media solutions for your company. They have competent staff that can do the work for you and deliver you what you need to promote your business, they too give advices on social media marketing.

CieraBoth

Answer by CieraBoth at 9:46 PM on Dec. 10, 2012