Why is he moving back?? ***UPDATE***

my oldest son's dad and i seperated about 4 years ago now.. and i moved on an got married and what not.. he moved away about 3 years ago.. he lived in washington for a few months then went to oregon then to another part of oregon.. and what not, so for the past 3 and half years he hasn't really been a part of my son's life.. he calls once in awhile.. he doesn't call on holidays nor birthdays.. he bearly remembers he knows nothing about what school or sports he's involved in.. soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i get the news today that he's coming back to cali.. how do i feel? not happy i feel like he's coming back to start drama.. he's demanding that he have him on christmas day however.. i knew nothing of him coming back and i've got plans and i'm sorry if i'm a little reluctant to just hand my son over to someone who has not been there for the last 3 year... my son is 6 do i leave that up to my son to decide if he wants to go with his dad or do i make the decision which i have already made!??

so he made it back, and he emailed me on facebook.. and said.. hey i wanted to know if i can see him before i leave....................... he's moving to bakersfield.. we live in l.a county.. so basically hes going to see him once then it'll be awhile before he see's him again.. i'm so irritated.. so i told him he could meet me at the city part for an hour.. is that good or should i make it less time? more time? help!

mampanda0422

Asked by mampanda0422 at 11:31 PM on Dec. 9, 2012 in Relationships

• I wouldn't let him take your son until there's a court order saying he can have visitation. An hour is good of you, it's more than I would do given his lack of involvement in the child's life.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:34 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• oh he's not taking him anywhere! i dont trust him.

so i told him an hour but i will not be going anywhere!
    mampanda0422

Comment by mampanda0422 (original poster) at 11:36 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• Give him the hour, but watch the signs. If your son clings to you or starts wanting to go home, go. On the other hand, if he's laughing it up with his dad, having a good time, smile and let that happen, too. Just don't let either of them out of your sight.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:54 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• I agre with the other posters.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:11 AM on Dec. 10, 2012

• I wouldnt even give him an hour
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:49 AM on Dec. 10, 2012

• That seems fine. but I would not say a word about the dad to your son. Just say we are going to the park. If the dad shows up great if not at least your child will not feel rejected and hurt.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:49 PM on Dec. 10, 2012