If you make a sweeping, negative generalization about other people

should you expect anything besides a negative response in return?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 12:02 AM on Dec. 10, 2012 in About CafeMom

• Nope! Don't like it here, go elsewhere or you can make another account and have a dual personality.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:04 AM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Nope, see my question... LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:04 AM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Nope.

It'd be nice for those who do to back up their statement with at least one example, though.

You know. If you were going to be as immature as all that in the first place.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:04 AM on Dec. 10, 2012

• luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 12:05 AM on Dec. 10, 2012

• IDK. I will give the benefit of the doubt. Maybe she saw a couple questions that had some harsh answers. I think if you are mostly only cruising a few categories that might happen. I think it's a safe bet to expect negative answers regardless of the question. Isn't that how public forums work?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:05 AM on Dec. 10, 2012

• You ask the funnest questions sometimes NP. If you set the stage with a negative attitude, you should expect negativity in return.

Yes I said funnest, lol.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:06 AM on Dec. 10, 2012

• NO

Also, I choose to see my responses as comic relief from the stupidity rather than as being negative. Negative is just such a .... downer kind of a word.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 12:06 AM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Maybe she saw a couple questions that had some harsh answers.

Except it's a 2 year old acct that used to frequent the debate and parenting sections. I have a hard time believing anyone who ever posted in the land of bf and erf wars never saw negativity until today.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 12:07 AM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Oh, I didn't catch that. The debate boards are tame compares to a few years ago. I guess it was the easiest way to call us bitches.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:11 AM on Dec. 10, 2012

• I wonder about people. Like when someone says something along the lines of "Any woman who doesn't exclusively breastfeed is a shitty mother and deserves to have her children taken away" and then acts shocked when people get upset and argue. I can't imagine someone being stupid enough to think that a comment like that will only receive high-fives and and a thumbs-up...but this is CM.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:11 AM on Dec. 10, 2012