Cough remedies

anybody know any home remedies for a cough, my 3 year old has a cough, is there any home remedies that you know about for a cough. I hate hearing my daughter cough, its almost like it hurts when she coughs. And if she has a cough is there anything i dhould prevent other than not drinking anything col? Please help :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Dec. 10, 2012 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If she'll drink it, give her warm tea with honey in it. The tea will soothe her throat, and the honey will help stop her cough. You can just give her a dab of warm honey on a spoon if she won't drink the tea. Put her in bed propped up, not flat on her back or tummy. Sleeping in a partially seated position will help her rest better.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:46 AM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Fresh warm lemon and honey
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 1:55 AM on Dec. 10, 2012

• tea with lemon and honey always helps here, also when she goes to bed have her laying against a few pillows so she is elevated instead f lying flat.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:19 AM on Dec. 10, 2012

• I swear by Highlands cough syrup. It is all natural and works with most coughs.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:37 AM on Dec. 10, 2012

• If she's spitting up mucus, I'd say giver her a bath as the steam will open passageways to help to get it out; if it's just a dry cough, what Ballad said....
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 11:56 PM on Dec. 12, 2012