Where you surprised?

In reference to my Rich Man question last night, were you surprised to find some of your friends and neighbors, maybe even family start losing everything when you had the belief they were financially better off than you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anon..I know what you mean about grocery shopping only when necessary. I have to do the same thing. BUT I have learned to just tell everyone we are broke too. Even when we do I have money, I still tell everyone we are broke because we have people like your sister who want a handout and we too are 1 paycheck away from losing it all. We don't ask anyone for money, but we don't tell anyone if we have any either.

Maybe you should tell your sister that you are tired of listening to her whining and explain the situation you yourselves are in?
    tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 2:57 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• My sister is always going on about how broke she is, asking for money, wishing she had it good like us. We are so close to loosing everything, we don't grocery shop for months, except for baby who we make sure has everything. I just want to scream at her when she goes on about how she is broke but eats out for every meal, goes on vacations ever couple weeks, etc.

And before anyone says "Why do you still have internet" it's because I work from the computer and need full internet access.

It's scary times, I just keep a positive outlook on everything. Sooner or later things will work out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• No. I live my life, don't worry about what others have.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I cannot say I was surprised by the few now saying bankruptcy is near, just people in the community we know of.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 8:47 AM on Feb. 12, 2009