• In the Spotlight:

Does it seem ironic or just too obvious?

The US government is attacking the banking officials over TARP money, when the government is worse at managing money, takes just as many bonuses bribes and trips, uses private planes, and gave them the money with no strings attached. Isn't the thing the bankers are being ridiculed for the exact same thing our elected officials do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes! They are "b-slapping" these CEO's, repremanding like little children! It reminds me of a parent with a cigarette in her mouth and a beer - the 6th one - in the hand telling the child not to smoke or drink!!!!!! And we have NObama doing the same thing, do as I say, not as I do!! I don't trust the lot of them! This bailout is a flippin catastrophe, a danger!
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 10:37 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Yep. Its pretty ironic but I think that the politicians are doing it to draw attention to the bankers and away from scrutiny on them. They do it all the time. Its not a new tactic.

Answer by gemgem at 8:33 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Umm, you mean like Ms Nancy "I need a bigger plane" Pelosi?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:40 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Grly, I had no idea Nancy needed a bigger plane, must be that huge family of hers. I haven't seen any grilling going on but I hope some citizens watching their representatives remember what they are attacking CEO's about when it's election time again and all their dirty laundry is aired.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 8:50 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Not only ironic, but just plain ridiculous.
    But when they put Barney Frank in charge of ANYTHING, forget it!
    You're not going to get anything good out of that situation.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 9:31 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• People pay attention... they do not want to fix the problem. They want to ensure we need them and depend on them for everything, so they have total control over our lives and the lives of our neighbors. And please do not say Pelosi, everytime I hear that women talk I puke in my mouth a little. GAG!
    TinasTribe

Answer by TinasTribe at 9:34 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• This was back in 2007, she didn't want to "settle" for the plane the Speaker beforeher had. "while the C-20 could fly to Hastert's Aurora, Ill., district, which is slightly more than 700 miles from Washington, D.C., without stopping to refuel, Pelosi's home district is in San Francisco, more than 2,800 miles from the nation's capital, and the C-20 generally would need to stop and refuel to make it all the way to the Bay Area. So Pelosi requested a plane that could make it to California without having to stop along the way, and asked for clarification from the Pentagon about whether friends and colleagues could accompany her."

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:41 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• At least they are addressing it. I would have a major problem if they let the banks slide on it...
    prettylob1

Answer by prettylob1 at 9:59 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I thought the exact same, especially when the idiot from MA started spouting off. I am not defending the bankers but if someone talked to me liked that for the whole world to see, I'd have to get up and walk out to keep myself from knocking the holy poo outta him. That was totally unneccesary. Sure makes me want to trust him with our money!
    JanMarie225

Answer by JanMarie225 at 10:04 AM on Feb. 12, 2009