How do I start my own PR firm?

How do I start my own PR firm?

TrishaNang

Asked by TrishaNang at 9:11 AM on Dec. 10, 2012 in Money & Work

• you joined CM to ask THIS??

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:27 AM on Dec. 10, 2012

• I don't know.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:30 AM on Dec. 10, 2012

• points
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 9:33 AM on Dec. 10, 2012

• .
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:42 AM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Assuming you already have a business name & license and accoutrements such as computer, printer, etc, start making contacts in your community, both for clients AND for suppliers. That's going to mean wearing out some shoe leather, meeting people, going to Chamber of Commerce events and finding new businesses that need PR help.

Do you know the publications/media outlets in your area? If not, you need to get to know them too.

Do you know how to stage publicity events? Small firms (and expect you'll be a one person firm for a while) need to be able to do it all.

Don't expect to turn a profit for a long long long time. How long can depend a lot on how many PR firms are already in your area. You might consider working or one of them FIRST and making a name for yourself under THEIR banner before heading out on your own. I've known a few women to do just that and they're quite successful.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:43 AM on Dec. 10, 2012

• I would find small restaurants and create a profile by taking them on as clients starting out small can you lead you to bigger clients. Also filming some commercials can give them an idea to what you are capable of.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:08 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• I dealt with some PR firms Manchester and I figured the performance factor is key on their side. Well we PR people think that the question should really be how do marketing activities affect your public image. Public Relations governs the overall image, and communication between your organization and the external world. Maybe you should also ask whether complimenting yourself on "Embracing diversity'' will have any real, tangible effect for your organisation. Most people when they read that tend to get a bit cynical, it's just the latest buzzword.

NeomaSeuell

Answer by NeomaSeuell at 11:54 PM on Dec. 10, 2012