I need a solution ladies.

I was seriously overweight all my life. After I had my daughter I decided that I needed to get healthy so I started eating right and walking. Well now I run every morning at 6 a.m. I have done this for 4 years now. I just load up my kid, bundle her up and go for a jog. Get home and shower, get her ready for school and we're off. Well now she's getting too big for my jogging stroller. I would hate to lose my morning run after all these years and to tell you the truth, I'm scared of going back to the old me. I'm a single mom and there is no one to watch my daughter while I run. I hate treadmills and I can't stand running in place. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Dec. 10, 2012 in Diet & Fitness

• Can you do it after you drop her off?
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:48 AM on Dec. 10, 2012

• If you can't drop her off, either join a gym that has a childcare room and work out there...run on a track or a treadmill, work out at home with zumba or another dvd...or get a treadmill for home, or take her to a high school track where you can run in a circle while she plays in the middle of the track and you can see her.......
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:51 AM on Dec. 10, 2012

• I agree it may be time to find another way to workout like going to a gym or starting a DVD workout routine. Or, maybe try bike riding and strap her onto the back of the bike. Or maybe you can try jogging in the evening instead of in the morning, if you have a partner to watch your daughter in the evening. Or, if you work, is it possible to go for a jog at lunch time?
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 11:31 AM on Dec. 10, 2012

• How about getting a bigger jogging stroller? I know we have some second hand baby item stores that will buy your old one and put the money towards a new one.
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 12:29 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• I work 8 am to 5pm. I am a single mother who cannot afford a gym membership. Even if I could afford the gym membership they do not have babysitting. I live in a small rural area. I love to be outdoors and in the morning is the only time I have for a run. I appreciate the suggestions.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:56 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• get a babysitting buddy like i take your kid you take mine for workouts
    tonipaffel

Answer by tonipaffel at 2:46 AM on Dec. 11, 2012

• annnd if you don't know anyone like me lol put up an ad in the grocerystore - people will call check them out meet them and their kids and if you don't like then just say you found a diff solution ?....
    tonipaffel

Answer by tonipaffel at 2:50 AM on Dec. 11, 2012