Do you really want your President to be "successfull" with socialism?

Evidently he already is: Heritage.org
A major public policy success, welfare reform in the mid-1990s led to a dramatic reduction in welfare dependency and child poverty. This successful reform, however is now in jeopardy: Little-noted provisions in the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate stimulus bills actually abolish this historic reform. In addition, the stimulus bills will add nearly $800 billion in new means-tested welfare spending over the next decade. This new spending amounts to around $22,500 for every poor person in the U.S. The cost of the new welfare spending amounts, on average, to over $10,000 for each family paying income tax.

Thank you Obama voters. That's a way to get this country unified.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• My father came here in 1968 from a socialist nation. He said when he first arrived on our great shores it was nothing like his home land. He was so proud of what he was about to embark on. However as time as gone on, he has noticed the change of this great nation and he really feels it is no longer what it once was and resembles his home land more and more. It breaks his heart.

My father paid 33,000 dollars in taxes and interest this year. As well as 10,000 in income tax.

That is 43,000 dollars handed over to the bankers and government officials of our nation. There is no fairness in such a thing. Our forefathers fought tirelessly to escape such acts of tyranny. Yet here we are 200 years later bent over with vaseline and gloves in hand saying please mister president, congress, and the senate, do what you will with  me. Sad Sad state people, SaD!

TinasTribe

Answer by TinasTribe at 9:38 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• You should go live in a socialist country first . Maybe you will know what socialistic country means. I grow up in one and we didn't have any welfare programs.

You are very welcome for saying thank you for Presidents voters. YUou doing your own part of getting us all unified.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I grew up in a socialist country too. I really don't know what all the fear is about. People were generally happier, healthier and generally better off. There are always going to be people who scam the system but in my experience, it seemed to happen a LOT less in "socialist" countries.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I dont want to be in one and if things continue down this path my husband and myself and our $125k a yr will move elsewhere.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Oh and just for the record (Anon 8:47 here) I do NOT approve of everything going on with the country right now and have a lot of problems with this stimulus bill. Parts of it do not sit well with me at all and it seems to be very far off the mark of it's intended purpose. Just thought I would add that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Good luck then, most other countries are much more socialist then this one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Why work when I can make $22500 for nothing. Yeah that makes all the sense in the world. And I wont come home at night smelling like french fries.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• You should go live in a socialist country first

No such thing. True socialism has never existed and will never exist because it is inherently flawed. You probably lived in a dictatorship with socialist leanings, but that's like saying Hussein's Iraq was a democracy just because he was elected (as the only name on the ballot).
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:52 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Is that more than minimum wage? oh great.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• No. In the long run socialism had disasterous consequences to a country.

France, example, has a reimbursement to those who can initially afford Tarif de Convention . Yet, there is a tarif to everyone (more to the self-imployed). This is a reform turned against itself from the original medical coverage once given readily. Now large families are frowned upon as type-casted as social gypsies (or pregnant women by activists).

And, this is just one example.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 8:56 AM on Feb. 12, 2009