Period ? may be stupid question

My daughter is 9 months old and EBF. When she was 3 months old I had some blood, thought I was getting my first period back, but it was gone by the end of the day and it was very light. So I thought it must not have been my period, just some spotting. But it has happened quite a few times since, pretty much with a month in between so now I figure that it must be my period. I know that everyones hormones are different and after having a baby it can be funky, but do these brief less than a day of light blood count as periods ? Or is it just spotting ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Health

• why don't you ask a real, live doctor
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Because it's not an issue. It's just a question. Apparently you are too much of a bitch to give a legitamate answer though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Woah ladies! I seriously don't know if it counts as a period or not. I have heard it being called breakthrough bleeding before though. Good luck!
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 11:21 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I would say it was just spotting. I had this with both of my babies when I was BF....but usually more around2.5 months and I got my period at 3/3.5mo. Just make sure you aren't prego....if you aren't I'd just count it as spotting.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 2:04 PM on Feb. 12, 2009