Back pain

I have been having awful back pain for the last few months. It started after having my daughter and I think that part of it started from breastfeeding because I would hunch to feed her a little and thats always when it would start to hurt. Now it hurts when I am sitting on the floor with her, it hurts when I walk if I dont walk with a perfect posture - which is difficult to do with a running toddler, it hurts when I am just sitting in a chair sometimes. Painkillers dont help. I can't afford a chiropractor unless they are covered by insurance? Anyone have advice how to ease the pain or get rid of it all together ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Health

• Some chiropractors are covered by insurance it just depends on your insurance company. My mom sees hers under her insurance but she only gets so many treatments a year. My doctor recommended to me to try and deep massage. She said that actually helps alot more then a chiropractor does. Maybe you can look around for a massage therapist and see if they can work on you?

Answer by gemgem at 8:50 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• This helps me, lay on floor on your back and pull your knees to your chest until you feel it stretching in your back. Then roll over onto your habds and knees and arch your back and do opposite. I always feel it pull when I arch and really pull my hips in. But then I feel great for a while.
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 10:21 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Do you have large breasts? I have the same issue and I cannot sit on the floor at all. I had a reduction in 02 and its helped tremendously, but the posture damage has been done. I have been seeing a chiro and hes helped me a lot. Mine is covered by insurance. Try really hard not to sit at the computer for long periods and keep a support on your back while you are sitting. The stretching helps too. If you do have large breasts, then make sure your bra is VERY supportive. Hope that helps. I feel for you.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:54 PM on Feb. 12, 2009