does the Bible say the race?

Does the Bible ever specifically say anything about Jesus and his apostles being white, or is that just something that is assumed based on the time period and the places different events occurred?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• it's assumed because the people who practice it are white. if you actually look into any history jesus would be of middle eastern or northern african decent. not necessarily "black" but certainly not "white" either. (like people should ever be separated into such random color associations anyway. it's ridiculous.)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Nope it doesnt but if you go off geography and the time then he was likely middle eastern in looks not white, black or anything else.

Answer by gemgem at 9:12 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• There is nothing in the Bible about Jesus being "white" He wasn't white. He wasn't "black" either, probably had a dark olive skin color.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 9:15 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• You people are are so funny. Just do some research. What is "black" anyway? There are many people in the bible were from Ethiopia or have "black skin" as you put it. FYI Jesus did have Ethiopian blood in his lineage. Jesus is from the root of David. David and Bethsheeba (Ethiopian)had a son name Solomon. Rahab the prostitute was a woman of color as well who is the lineage of Jesus. Jesus could very well had dark skin. BTW: to be technical about it, you really do no see that many people with "black" skin.
    mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 9:31 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Common sense tells me that Jesus was of tanned complexion. How dark or how light, I dont know but in a way its better not to know because it makes him more personal to everyone. Everyone gets to have their own guess and their own image of him.
    But I just think that he was the same color as everyone else in the middle east.
    Israel is hot and sunny so I dont know how pale he could have stayed.
    Whenever someone I know comes back from Israel, they have a tan.
    bronxcouture

Answer by bronxcouture at 11:25 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• oh and by the way no offense but
    mommiejay.. you sound a little defensive.
    because for all of that:
    theres no such thing as "white" skin either.
    bronxcouture

Answer by bronxcouture at 11:26 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Jesus would have been of dark olive skin. He was considered jewish and that would have been an olive complexion. Also, when research is done of the lineage/ family line of Jesus there are also ethiopians and others of darker complexion in the family line. So, in answer to the question his complexion would not be what we know of as "white".
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 12:09 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• National Geographic did a documentary on this very subject. They followed his lineage and made a bust of what he might have looked like and they came to the conclusion he would have had dark brown hair and an olive complexion. It was a really interesting show I'll try to find a link.
    ashandamymom

Answer by ashandamymom at 12:12 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• It said he had dark, russet skin and that he was of Jewish descent...I don't know why some people would fight over it, honestly, that's kind of lame.
    Anonymous

• Hes not white as in "anglo saxon" white. I picture him to be very olive colored skin with dark hair. He was jewish. Its not really all that important though.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:18 PM on Feb. 12, 2009