Dr today and I have an issue.......

I am pregnant, less than 2 weeks to go and I have what seems to be an ingrown hair. This may sound stupid, but its slightly elevated, red and a lil tender to the touch. IS that what it sounds like to you? I have been to the dr. a million times in my life, but never had this when I had to be checked. A lil embarrassing.
My best friend used to work in labor and delivery and I have heard many horror stories of women's "parts" so I don't think I Should worry because I am sure an OBGYN has seen everything but it's just been on my mind! Thank you for the help,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• There is a type of red bump that I got only when I was pregnant. It's called a sebaceous cyst. It's perfectly normal and will go away. If it gets really bad, have your OB lance it for you to drain it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I wouldn't worry about it... OB's see A LOT of really disturbing things! Just think the the most unclean person you know or have seen, and think what the OB has to look at when they go in for an appointment!!! LOL, thats what I always do whenever I have to go in for a pap! It does sound like a ingrown hair.. they happen A LOT! Don't panick, it is fine! With my last OB appointment, my doctor pointed out that I have a skin tag right next to my cooter.. I was always so embarrased of that thing. But we were just joking around about it, and I told him when I was little I thought it was a wood tick and tried pulling it off!! He started laughing, and said well how did that work for you? LOL, I am no longer embarassed of that!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 9:35 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I would be surprised if your OB even notices. I wouldn't worry about it at all. Wait till you are in labor, you will lose all modesty.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 9:53 AM on Feb. 12, 2009