• In the Spotlight:

His Ex Keeps Getting Into My Email!

My husband's ex-gf (they've been broken up for over 3 years and she's now dating his former best friend-they're not being friends has nothing to do with her, his friend was just a jerk) has been getting into my email and aim and myspace and facebook. i don't care so much about the myspace, i don't do anything on there but i keep in touch with my family on facebook. on my aim its not a huge deal, i don't use it that much but sometimes when i'm online she'll pretend to be me. its kinda weird. anyway, i don't know what to do. i've changed my passwords to the most random, mundane words and there aren't any security questions, they're just sent to my email, which i get an alert for on my phone. as soon as i get an update about a password change, i go in and fix it but its too late! i don't know why she keeps doing it, there's nothing interesting in my email and my hubby and i don't talk online-we see each other at home! any advice?

mambearwhitt4

Asked by mambearwhitt4 at 9:24 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• I would just make whole new accounts. Leave the ones you have open though so she doesn't catch wind of the new ones. Some people are so petty and ignorant. Sorry you have to deal with that.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:28 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• try making a new email address all together. stop using your old one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I would call the police and see if you can get her charged with fraud. Identity theft is a really serious crime.
    Anonymous

• My ex and his gf do the same thing. You need to delete everything and start over with really random user names. Something that wont connect to you and then dont use an avatar with y our pic so they dontknow if it is you.
    Second call the local PD and let them know they are internet stalking and harassing you. If your state has those laws they will investigate and confiscate their comps to see if they did this or not. It happens to a friend of mine a few mths ago and some psycho girl who lived in town she met online was doing it to her. The PD took it somewhat serious and did take the psychos comps.

Answer by gemgem at 9:32 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• This is disturbing, you might want to check your own PC to see if she has somehow got a keylogger on your system. I don't know how you'd check that, perhaps call Geek Squad or something. There is no way someone can just guess your passwords. Then contact the police and see what they can do to help you. She sounds a little unbalanced!!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 1:08 PM on Feb. 21, 2009