Are you celebrating today?

Happy Darwin Day everyone! Are you doing anything with your family to celebrate? We are off to the zoo with our two little ones.

my2.5boys

Asked by my2.5boys at 9:27 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, I'm not celebrating Darwin but........Enjoy your day! I love the zoo and so does my oldest son! My youngest is 15 months and I can't wait to take him this year!
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 9:57 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Nope, we dont really celebrate anyones birthday except family's.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 10:33 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• No, not really. It's just another day in my book. We only celebrate the major holidays (where the banks are closed, LOL) and family birthdays.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 12:06 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I love the zoo!! Hope you have fun!!
    Momtocccd

Answer by Momtocccd at 12:55 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• WE ARE!!!! Making a yummy dinner and having a cake! DD is only 19 months old but I think my husband and I will talk about our favorite discoveries.

my2.5boys - The zoo is a great idea. How old are your kids?

I am a little sad though. The school I graduated from is having a Darwin conference with all sorts of fun lectures. Being a parent is so hard sometimes.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 1:22 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Honestly, I didn't realize that there was a Darwin Day. Or that it was today! Well, I had already planned to take the kids to McD's for dinner... maybe we can discuss the evolution of cows into burgers. Wait- do McD's burgers contain real cows anyhow? LOL! Have a great day whatever you're celebrating!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:24 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I am now!!
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:29 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I'll celebrate when my reclusive tiny tenant decides that Darwin and Lincoln are sufficiently lofty enough company with whom to share a birthday. : )
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 3:02 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• jcsscfam5, my kids are 3 and 5. We had a wonderful time at the zoo by the way. I just started introducing the idea of evolution to them this week. I bought a book, Our Family Tree, that is a great intro for them. It doesn't go into a whole lot of detail, and my 5 year old has asked me to read it about 3 times a day, every day. I will be buying more books to share with them over the next few months.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 4:11 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I have been honoring Darwin for several weeks now- I volunteer in my girls' class- and I have been helping instruct- especially on science day. Some of the children are sadly lacking in their knowledge. Several actually said the other day that we weren't animals. After being informed that the choices for categories are PLANT or ANIMAL they realized that we are indeed animals. In fact- people prove this everyday (unfortunately) with their behavior. Only SOME people- but enough...
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 5:04 PM on Feb. 12, 2009