My son has 3 little dry crusty patches on the back of his head.

I have tried olive oil and I do brush his scalp every day. I wouldn't call it cradle cap as it is only in that very small area but I'm not sure what the deal is or what to try. Any light that you can shed on this would be lovely! Thank you.

MommaJax2976

Asked by MommaJax2976 at 9:31 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like cradle cap to me.
    Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 9:53 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• me 2 did u just try lotion?
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 10:23 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Sounds like cradle cap. My son didn't have it all over his head either he just had a few patches. I always took a comb into the bathroom while I was giving him a bath and I would use it to loosen up some of the scales and comb them out. After he got out of the tub i'd put baby oil and then Triple Ointment on the dry patches. That's what his doctor told us to do at one of his checkups and it worked. All the patches were gone in about a month. He hasn't had any since.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 11:24 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Just wanted to add that the Baby Oil Gel works the best.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 11:25 AM on Feb. 12, 2009