I have felony convictions from 2003, I lost my job and now I can't find anyplace that will hire ex-cons, HELP!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Dec. 10, 2012 in Home & Garden

• well what kind of felonies were they?
    Did you disclose this to your now ex employer when you were hired? If no then thats why you got fired if yes then you may be able to fight it
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:22 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• There is a program that helps those with felonies re-enter the workforce. Contact your local Dept of Social Services for more information.

I know in the town where I work, Wendy's Ihop, Panera Bread and Giant food stores will hire people with felonies.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:22 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Help with what? Finding a place that hires ex-cons?

with a quick google search I found a link that might help you with finding companies that hire felons.  

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:22 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• I would go to the employment office in your city and see if they can help but it will not be easy. On top of your felony there is simply a lack of jobs. I would take even the lowest job if it means you can prove to others that you want to be on the right track.
    GL
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:23 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• depending on the felony yo can have it expunged. Most places say have you been convicted of a felony in the past ____ years.
    good luck
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 2:38 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Call 211 there should be some resources to help you with this. Good luck to you.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 3:30 PM on Dec. 10, 2012