How do I get 2 year old to stop taking off his Pjs before falling asleep?

My 2 year old son, loves to striped before going to sleep. No matter if it's for nap or bed time. One afternoon, after he striped, he pooped in the crib. That was all I needed. I tried putting sleeper sacks on backwards but he finds a way to get out of them. We are trying to potty train but that doesn't seem to work. He loves to be naked. Do any have any suggestions or they have/had the same thing happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well, my son is 2 and a half and he likes to be naked...we had to give him a certain time that he could run around naked but then he had to put his clothes back on...hes been potty trained since he started walking so i dont know what to say about him pooping in his crib...try giving him some time (maybe after bath time) that he can be naked for a little while and then let him know he's a big boy and needs to wear clothes like mommy and daddy...works for mine and hes starting to grow out of the naked thing now
    Micahbabysmommy

Answer by Micahbabysmommy at 10:11 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• My kids are not big on pj's, or clothes in general. They have been know to strip down to undies as soon as we get home from school. lol Is it possible that he just isn't comfortable enough to sleep in jammies? For example, I can sleep in a tank top and sleep pants, but if I put on a t-shirt type top, I will wake up in the middle of the night feeling like I'm being choked. I don't know what your weather is like, but maybe you could let him just sleep in the diaper/undies for a bit? My kids sleep in just undies unless it's cold, and then I make them wear jammies.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:28 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• My husband still won't wear his jammies to bed....LOL I guess you could try the diaper only thing till he gets over it or is at least potty trained.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Feb. 12, 2009