Have you ever lived on a farm? Would you like to?

I would like a tiny farm. Like 5 acres. Well maybe 10 so I could have a couple of horses. I would like a small orchard and a huge veggie garden. Oh and chickens! I love chickens. I think they are so beautiful and I love the way they walk around -- they look so purposeful.

If you would like a farm what would you like to have on it?

booklover545

Asked by booklover545 at 2:59 PM on Dec. 10, 2012 in Home & Garden

• I'd love to live on a farm, especially a huge one I'd have vegetables, fruit orchards, cows, chickens, pigs, a couple horses and goats. I grew up with goats and would love to eventually have more.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 9:24 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• I grew up in the country and of course when I was a kid I hated it most of the time. We lived about 7 miles out of town which was very rural to begin with. We always had chickens, ducks, pigs, calves a few times, and a horse that my eldest brother had when he worked for a farmer and would herd cattle in.

But I will say that I wish I could live back in the country again. I miss the open space and no neighbors... lol I miss being able to sleep with windows opens and sit out on our front porch and just look up at millions of stars every night. I miss when we would have our huge garden that my dad would plant and we would complain because it was too many tators. haha

Living in the city after living in the country sure makes you appreciate where you came from. I hope to one day live in the country again. I wish my son could experience that and know that's sometimes country isn't so bad... lol
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 3:08 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• I have owned farm animals - horse, pig, cow, but we didn't live on a farm. We lived in a tiny rural town and had the pig there (got rid of it before it got big). The cow and horse were kept in rented pastures.

I'd love to own farm animals again and have my own property in the country. A few horses, some cows - both beef and dairy - I'd love to own a Jersey, they're just gorgeous. That's pretty much the extent of what I'd want. I've been around other animals and was not fond of them.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:03 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• I have chickens now - we live on 2/3 acre. They are beautiful. They are also dumber than dirt and disgusting. But the eggs are completely worth it.

We have a good sized garden and I've found some places I'm going to put beds in next spring. We also have 2 plots at a community garden we helped to create. We are also trying to establish a small urban farm there.

Next will be a small farm. I want goats! Had goat milk cottage cheese this past weekend. It was beyond awesome. Made fresh on the retreat site from their goat herd. Got to milk one of the goats too.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:06 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• I had family who had farms. My great aunt had a cow farm.
    I wouldn't mind having 5 to 10 acres. Some chickens, pigs, cows. Probably never happen.

Answer by louise2 at 4:00 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• My husband has, but I haven't. I don't think I would necessarily like to live on a farm, but I do think I would like to live on a good sized chunk of land where we could grow some things if we wanted to.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:50 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Growing up we had chickens and at another house my father owned and rented we kept cows.
    I would like to live on a farm with chickens, cows, horses, goats and someone to take care of it all. : -)
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:05 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Yes, I have, and no I don't want to again. I'm terified of cows, and it was scary.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 3:06 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• No & No. Though, I wouldn't mind moving to a smaller town.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 3:10 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Grew up on one. NOT all it's cracked up to be. Lots of poop, gore and death.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 3:11 PM on Dec. 10, 2012