Has the economy affected your donations? Do you usually give but have cut back or are not giving this year?

I am helping a family with Christmas. I also started volunteering at a Food Bank instead of giving a money donation. As a single mother these are scary times on just one income.

booklover545

Asked by booklover545 at 3:05 PM on Dec. 10, 2012 in Money & Work

• we are donating about 10 gifts this year for kids
    *nothing too pricey

We have had a few hard years in the past-not to the point of getting help from anyone, but we always try to do the Angel Tree or Toys For Tots or something like that if we can
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:27 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Yes I've tried to donate more because I know there are so many in need. It's really hard for so many people right now. I've tried to donate more money and things but also more of my time to those in need this year.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:12 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• I would love to donate my time, as there is no extra money
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:07 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Nothing has changed for me...

Answer by older at 3:08 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Nothing has changed. I am helping my Sunday School class provide Christmas for a family (gifts for kids and parents, grocery and gas gift cards), I volunteered at my church's toy chest, and I left each of my kids put $1 in change in the Salvation Army bucket every time we pass.

Answer by missanc at 3:21 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• I have to admit our actual cash/ iten donations is a bit smaller this year.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:39 PM on Dec. 10, 2012