Hate this!

I'm 38 weeks and 4 days pregnant, with some sort of illness. I had a doc apt today, my temp was 97.7 and my lungs clear (even though I have a cough)
I feel like I've been screaming and I keep having to clear my throat. On top of that, I have the worst headache and that "achy" run down "yucky" feeling. I am miserable and Tylenol is the only thing they've suggested (not a surprise) , any ideas of what I could do to feel a little better? My doc said if I wasn't feeling better in a while to call and maybe get on antibiotics..or go to l&d and get an IV.I really don't want to sit here miserable in the meantime. Sorry so long, lol.

Cowbell88

Asked by Cowbell88 at 3:33 PM on Dec. 10, 2012 in Pregnancy

• A cool mist humidifier can do wonders. Sorry you feel so shitty. It sucks to be sick when you're pregnant and can't do much about it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:35 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• not much longer mama! HANG ON!
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:35 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Thanks girls. @juliejacobkyle, ugh tell me about it. I feel literally like I've been hit by a bus. Well not literally haha. But what I would imagine that would feel like ;)
    Cowbell88

Comment by Cowbell88 (original poster) at 3:38 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Could be a allergy.... call back and see what allergy meds they will ok... that will help with the post nasal drip & aches regardless

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:39 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• drink hot honey lemon water for your throat. Lots of honey and fresh lemon and add fresh ginger too!
    Humidifier at night (or when you are sitting stationary to keep the air moist.
    Drink tons of water to flush out whatever you are dealing with.
    Don't have milk or anything dairy, orange juice, refined sugar. These can make you phelmy.
    Get as much rest as you can.
    But seriously, go to the store and get some honey, lemon, and ginger pronto... it will make a world of a difference!
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 3:40 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• you will be fine soon you will be a mom
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 5:01 PM on Dec. 12, 2012