Ebay jewelry question...please help moms.

I bought three necklaces online through ebay. The seller claimed they were GOLD FILLED. I researched the difference between GOLD FILLED and GOLD PLATED and realized that GOLD PLATED was NOT what I wanted.

The items were late getting here, I don't blame the seller. However on the clasp of the necklaces they all say 18KRGP ( 18 karat gold plated).

Can it be both gold plated and gold filled? I'm pretty annoyed right now. I even asked before buying and the sellers page also claimed it was gold filled.

4xsthetrouble

Asked by 4xsthetrouble at 4:24 PM on Dec. 10, 2012 in Shopping

• wouldn't gold filled just BE gold?
    maybe they figure it means the same thing?

maybe you can open a claim with ebay and see what they say
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:29 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• I emailed the seller.
    From what I read (online) Gold filled, solid gold, and gold plated are all very different things. Gold filled isn't the same as solid gold. Although it is supposed to be TARNISH resistant. I didn't want something that was going to turn necks green.
    4xsthetrouble

Comment by 4xsthetrouble (original poster) at 4:37 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• If you do not get satisfaction from the seller contact eBay resolution center. They are great ....especially when the item is not as listed. GL
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 8:24 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• I just looked up a bunch of info and I don't think it can be both. It's one or the other and gold filled is better, as you have learned.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 8:30 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• I thought it was the same thing. So I am going to be no help but here is a bump maybe someone else will know.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:42 AM on Dec. 12, 2012

• You definitely want gold filled as opposed to gold plated, they are not the same thing at all. If the seller said they were gold filled and the clasp says they are not, then return them. If the seller does not give you satisfaction contact Ebay.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 11:52 AM on Dec. 12, 2012

• email again
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 1:48 PM on Dec. 15, 2012

• if ur not happy u can dispute it with the seller
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:01 PM on Feb. 5, 2013