At what age do you switch kids to regular shampoo and soap instead of an all in one baby wash?

iluvpink0701

Asked by iluvpink0701 at 9:47 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• IMO I never used baby shampoo or baby soap. It is a waist of money buying different stuff for each member of the family. When they were old enough to understand I just told them to close there eyes when I washed there hair.IMO

Answer by louise2 at 9:52 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• My daughter is almost two and once her baby shampoo is empty I am going to have her use the same stuff we use:)
    I agree with louise2-it is a waste of money!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I only ever used baby shampoo, but I used it for my dogs too. Once they understand to close their eyes and hold a washcloth over them, then regular shampoo was used. I never used a baby soap. The shampoo washed their bodies just fine.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:17 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• LOL - sorry ladies; I find it amusing that you think it's such a waste of money...it's like $4 for the big bottle of J&J all in one wash & I have two girls and it easily lasts up a month...but we all have our own stuff...I use body wash; my fiance uses bar soap...he uses nasty apple scented shampoo and I use shampoo for color treated hair...neither I want used on my kids! =) Mine is too expensive to use on them and I don't like the way his smells! haha

Now the bubble bath liquid my older girl wants is nickle & diming me to death! LOL
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 11:04 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• For my dd, now 13, she used j&j until she was like 10, her hair was shinier and less frizzy than everyone elses, they joked in school she was an angel cuz she had a shiny halo around her head lol. her hair is really dark. At target the target version is like a buck and lasts months. works just as good as j&j, actually better my son breaks out from j&j but not from target version, go figure.
    lakegeorge_mom

Answer by lakegeorge_mom at 11:12 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• i used baby stuff until my oldest could help not get it in her eyes..which took a while. and now she is 7 and i buy her kids stuff. its cheaper to buy her her own all in one stuff then to have her using more than needed of my stuff which is more expensive. and my youngest is 5 months and she has her own baby stuff. i guess it isnt a big deal in our house since my husband and i have separate stuff too.
    qtdavis

Answer by qtdavis at 11:23 AM on Feb. 12, 2009