Dear Deity believing parents.....

If I could ask one thing of you, if I may, it would be to teach your kids not to torment those other kids who Happen to not believe in your same god. To teach your child that it is not proper to discuss something as personal as religion on the school playground-away from the ears of adults.

To teach your child to be more accepting and loving towards those that are different. To teach that telling another child how they will "burn in hell" is hardly spreading the "word and love of god".

And if you think that your god IS getting the correct message of your god, to maybe think again. Kids interpret things in different ways. It could just be your kid tormenting a child like mine. Simply b/c he does not share your beliefs.
Because I will tell you-should my child continue to have to deal with your kids intolerance-you will be hearing from me. And you will have to understand that public school accepts all kids-not just those of religious leanings. This is not private school, nor is it sunday school.

I wish some knew the difference.

For those battling the same situations....how do you help your child deal with this type of bullying? And yes, it is bullying when a group of "god fearing' kids FOLLOW my child around the playground tormenting him. MY child had the sense to walk away. The bullies had the least amount of integrity to follow him to continue their torment.

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 4:58 PM on Dec. 10, 2012 in Religious Debate

• well first of all , I would never tell my chld her belief is the only one
    secondly she goes to a private school but it is non denominaltional
    third I try to educate myself and children on the religions or those who do not belive in God so that they do not insult, torment or act holier than
    thou

what exactly are these kids doing to your child? Glad he walked away but I have never before now heard of kids bullying over religion. Adults sure, i belong to CM...lol

sorry this is happening, I would report it
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 5:03 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• That should never happen. I am sorry your LO has experienced this.

Have you talked to the school and asked them to monitor this situation better? Have you talked to the children's parents? If you have done both and with no improvements, I would find a new school for your LO.

We have had to do that with one of ours. He went from failing and miserable to well adjusted with straight "A"s and made the honor roll all int he first semester after he was moved to his new school.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 5:04 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Ugh, I'm sorry you're dealing with this. I haven't really run into it that much with my kids. One kid said something to my older son, but when my son responded, the kid had the good sense to drop it. Have you spoken to the school yet?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:04 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Glad he walked away but I have never before now heard of kids bullying over religion.
    ***********************************************************************************
    we live in the bible belt.
    sahmamax2

Comment by sahmamax2 (original poster) at 5:05 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Sounds like a matter for the school administration to deal with. Bullying in any form should not be tolerated.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:05 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• I haven't spoken to the school yet. My DH thinks I should leave it for now b/c my DS requested we didn't talk with anyone. But I feel like I need to mention it to someone, without my DS knowing.
    Just so they are aware of what is going on.
    sahmamax2

Comment by sahmamax2 (original poster) at 5:06 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• So was it a one time thing or does it happen a lot? If it's just one time, I would let it go. However, if it continues, the matter needs to be addressed. Make an appt. w/ the principal for starters.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:08 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• I would definitely talk to someone. You want to teach your LO that it is okay to ask for help when he is being treated unjustly. To ignore this would not only cause him to continue suffering in silence, but it also teaches him to just hide in the corner. As his parents it is your job to help him stand up for himself and stand up against injustice. You can and should do that without making a scene and causing problems. But really, don't let these kids continue to harass your son.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 5:10 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• how old is yoru son? If he is older and he has asked I suggest you let it be for now. If it progresses then be involved.
    I can tell you reporting in private wont stay private.
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 5:11 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• DS has spoken about his friends believing and him being the only one who doesn't. However, today was the first day that he mentioned some kids actually following him around to tease him.
    sahmamax2

Comment by sahmamax2 (original poster) at 5:11 PM on Dec. 10, 2012