im dialated 2 1/2 centimeters...do you think ill make it to my due date, march 20th???

with my first son i was dialated 1 centimeter for about 2 weeks before my water broke...im thinking that this baby might be home a little sooner than expected

Micahbabysmommy

Asked by Micahbabysmommy at 9:48 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was dialated 3 centimeters for 2 weeks before the doctor decided to enduce me. and that was two weeks after my due date. My friend was dialated 2 centimeters that morning and by that evening she had her baby. so it all depends on the how big of a rush your baby is in.
    nancygarza

Answer by nancygarza at 9:55 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Dialation usually means Your going into labor. You might have a Valintne baby.

Answer by louise2 at 9:55 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• when i was dilated 2centimeters.. i delivered like 5days later.. my daughter was about 10days early. however, my cousin for instance was dilated 2centimeters for like 3wks! so it just all depends. you might not go into labor immediately but i doubt you will make it to march 20th.
    MamaCole

Answer by MamaCole at 10:10 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• thats what im thinking...lol...
    Micahbabysmommy

Answer by Micahbabysmommy at 10:13 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I was dialated forever... well over a month... so it may not be as soon as you think... My birthday is March 13th... it's a friday this year, as it was the year I was born... try to hold out until than LOL my mother was acttually due to have me the 20th
    mom-x-2

Answer by mom-x-2 at 10:18 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• thats weird...its a small world huh? i dont know any other march babies...this will be the first in my family...if i make it that far
    Micahbabysmommy

Answer by Micahbabysmommy at 10:22 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Dilation means NOTHING when it comes to predicting when you'll go into labor. Your child could easily be in there for another month or longer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I know people that spent a month dilated to 4.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 11:13 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I spent my whole last trimester dialated. It could be today, it could be weeks. Dialation by itself doesn't mean much.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:36 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• With my daughter I was dilated at 36 weeks(1cm). By 38 weeks I was 2cm, 39 weeks,3 cm and I ended up going past my due date and getting my water broken!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 11:51 AM on Feb. 12, 2009