How do you chop wood with a big axe?

I googled it and I have seen SO do it. The fire needs wood and he is napping. Think I will hurt myself??

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 6:30 PM on Dec. 10, 2012 in Home & Garden

• Go wake his ass up! You don't need to be chopping wood! You just had a baby & if you've never done it before, then I don't suggest trying now!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:31 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Ha, I was going to say "wake his ass up" and saw mrsmom beat me to it! She's right on the money!
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 6:37 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Yeah that's truly not As easy as it looks, go give him a nudge and tell him u need more fire wood! U just had a baby.. Go relax!
    kp0469

Answer by kp0469 at 6:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• he needs to do that NOT YOU
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 6:57 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• I have since my Gramps taught me as a kid... it's not that hard IF you have been properly taught. BUT I would not go doing if after watching a youtube or anything!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:00 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Unless you're taught how to do it (in person, not on YouTube), it's a lot harder than it looks. Wake his ass up.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:08 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Wait please. We do not want you to hurt your self.

Answer by louise2 at 7:13 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• How do you chop wood? You wake your husband up. LOL. Seriously. You JUST had a baby, and you need to sit the hell down and let him do that.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:32 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• If he's a heavy sleeper, you could always stand near him & start up a chainsaw if you have one. Then he'll get the hint to chop some wood! lol :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:48 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• HA! I totally have a chainsaw but doubt I would know how to start it. I went outside and looked at that piece of wood and thought "hmm, that looks pretty dense.... Do I go against the grain or with it? Man this thing is heavy... Maybe I'll turn the heater on"

MIL flies in tomorrow. I told SO if he watched the kids I would clean the house so he promptly fell asleep.

Nothing got done.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 9:18 PM on Dec. 10, 2012