my 3 year old has poison ivy....

I wouldn't be worried to much, but he has it on his face too... he just started breaking out 2 days ago and has it on one arm, one leg and of course his face... I have calamine spray for his arms and legs, but I don't know what to do about his face...
It's been years since I've had poison ivy, does anyone remember how long the outbreak lasts for?

kryssie78

Asked by kryssie78 at 11:28 AM on Jul. 23, 2008 in Health

• Spray the calamine on your hands & then rub some on his face... just like you would if you were putting sunscreen on him. The outbreak can last for about a week.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 3:34 PM on Jul. 23, 2008

• Clamine Lotion works the best.

bookay

Answer by bookay at 4:46 PM on Jul. 23, 2008

• a week? when I had poison ivy it was for about 3 weeks! poor james!! where were you playing where he got it? after I got it I became really good about learnig how to identify it.. now when i'm driving down the road I can spot it all over the place.

best of luck to my little nephew!

if it's really bad call the doctor. He might be ablt to get a shot of cortizone or soemthing. Benadryl makes some anti-itch stuff that works well, and they also have a cream that worked well for me.. until I found out that I was allergic to it. Cortizone 10 is a good cream too
    milkbrain

Answer by milkbrain at 8:05 AM on Jul. 26, 2008