Is this ever the answer someone bullying your child?

Accepting it as inevitable and trying to see the good in the bully?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 7:09 PM on Dec. 10, 2012 in Parenting Debate

• It was only a few scraping to make excuses for the behavior. What purpose does that serve?
    ********************************************************************
    It's totally self serving.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:38 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• NP: I guess I didn't look at it that way. I looked at the sentiment behind it. I took it as please don't lump us all together b/c of the small group of children who targeted her child & considering where they lived. I do not condone bullying whatsoever. And the mama grizzly in me would come out if it was my child.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:43 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• NP: I guess I didn't look at it that way. I looked at the sentiment behind it. I took it as please don't lump us all together

And see, reading the actually question, it never specified a religion - it said "deity believing" that includes me, and every other Jew, Muslim, pagan, Hindu, Sikh, etc etc etc on the site. Yet there's only certain individuals who took it personally. If it's not about you, why take it personally?
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 7:49 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• I'm sure people who think that way only do so because their child hasn't been bullied. While I tell my daughter to ignore people teasing ex. Oh you like billy you want to be his girlfriend, when it's in a joking manner ( she's sensitive and needs a thicker skin) if my child were being harassed, followed after, called bad names ect she needs to tell a teacher she also needs to stand up for herself.

skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 8:02 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• No but coming here can help a Mom think more clearly and vent a little. We all do it.

^^ have to LOL at this
    Anonymous

^^ have to LOL at this
    ********************
    why?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:04 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

^^ have to LOL at this

Have at it ANON. Go laugh your ass off.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 8:09 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• I didn't take anything personally, nor did I think others did. As I said, take the problem to the school and get real help. Support online may make a mom 'feel' better, but it doesn't solve the problem.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:24 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• As I said, take the problem to the school and get real help. Support online may make a mom 'feel' better, but it doesn't solve the problem.
    ********************************************************************************
    Did I say I wasn't taking it to the school? You assume too much.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:27 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Support online may make a mom 'feel' better, but it doesn't solve the problem.

Key word being support NOT complaining!
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 8:30 PM on Dec. 10, 2012