Is this ever the answer someone bullying your child?

Accepting it as inevitable and trying to see the good in the bully?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 7:09 PM on Dec. 10, 2012 in Parenting Debate

• . Complainting about it to strangers instead does nothing to help the bullied child.

No but coming here can help a Mom think more clearly and vent a little. We all do it.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 7:30 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Ill be damned if any one of my children were being bullied and I'm accepting it as inevitable. I won't let my kids accept it either and be the ass of someone else's cruel jokes and treatment. They know to tell an adult in a situation like this and to defend themselves if necessary. Fuck seeing the "good" in some bastard bully that thinks my kid is their punching bag (physical or verbal)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:26 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• lol-uh, nope.
    However I can see people wanting to say that so as to deflect from the real issue as it potentially applies to them or their kids:)
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:12 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• NO. That attitude drives me crazy.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:13 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• never! that is allowing the bully to go unpunished and not teaching him/her to see she is wrong especially if it is a kid influenced by others
    so nope!
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 7:15 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Sometimes the best thing to do is ignore a bully, so yes
    ****************************************************
    how do you ignore a group when they follow you around, and you have no where to go?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:16 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Never
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 7:19 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Each situation is different. The first action by me, the parent, would be to notify the officials/school/etc in charge. Complainting about it to strangers instead does nothing to help the bullied child.
    Ignoring people does help, sometimes...standing up to them at that moment works better.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:19 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Also, while I'm 100% for a kid being able to fight back, when there is a group of kids picking on one kid, it can escalate quickly. That's why it's sometimes necessary for us as parents to step in.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:27 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• No. I say kick their damned ass to kingdom come. I always taught my girls to fight back with words, and if it came down to it, I am not opposed to hitting back if it's in self defense. I also tell them to tell the teacher/principal to call me if they have a problem with it.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 7:14 PM on Dec. 10, 2012