Tips on potty training?

I think i created a problem early on. My baby girl started going "Pee" on the potty sometimes at home when she was 14 months. Now that she is 21 months old.. she goes pee on the potty ALL the time and at daycare. She will tell me that she has to go with no accidents for about 2 months now... BUT she will NOT poop on the potty by herself ! she will poop on the potty if i keep up with her about it, but she will not do it on her own like she does when she pees. she will not warn me if she has to poop either. ive tried buying her special DORA underwear ( that she loves) and told her she cannot go poopie on dora, but.. yeah as soon as I take my eye off of her she had an accident! any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:10 PM on Dec. 10, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have her on a regular schedule to use the potty and watch for the signs. But she is still young. It will click one of these days. She really is doing quite nicely!
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 8:12 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• It just takes time. My son was like this. He used to hide in a corner and poop. One day my husband and I were carrying a heavy dresser. We saw him going to hide. We both started screaming at him "Sit on that potty right now!!!!!!" He did. After that he realized it was OK. I think he just needed to be pushed a little.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2012