Losing my patience

My youngest is turning 3 in a month. She's been potty trained since like march. For months she was dry both day and night, then suddenly couldn't make it through the night anymore. Whatever, bought pull-ups for nighttime. The last few weeks suddenly she's peeing all over the house. She'll have to change her clothes like 5 times a day. She's not stopping what shes doing to go to the bathroom and holding it too long I think cause err are times during the day she makes it too. Ugh it's just so frustrating ! What gives??? She urinates frequently also. She had two accidents in the floor within the hour and just went again on the toilet.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 7:17 PM on Dec. 10, 2012 in Kids' Health

• Urinating that much can be a sign of Type 1 diabetes among other medical conditions. Wouldn't hurt to get her checked out. If nothing is medically wrong the REMINDED her to go to the bathroom often.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:30 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• My ped told me that they occasionally revert. It happens about 6-12 mos after training is complete. It will go on for a few months and they as suddenly as it appeared it will disappear. I have one that is having frequent accidents. I can't put her in a pull up b/c that is a license to pee, and I can't put her in panties b/c she pees them. For some reason going commando under her clothes has gotten my point across. BTW mine is 4 1/2 and has been potty trained for nearly 2 years, but we seem to do this about every 6 mos and it goes on for roughly a month each time.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:01 AM on Dec. 11, 2012

• I agree, rule it out if nothing else. Good luck.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:39 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Yikes, okay ill def get that checked out, atleast to rule it out if nothing else.p
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 7:33 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Yes. Sometimes there isn't pain, but the frequent, immediate need to go.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:32 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• But could that be an ongoing thing for over a month? I'd feel terrible if that were the case and she's been dealing with it all this time. She doesn't complain of pain or anything.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 7:31 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Has she had any changes in her routine or is she stressed about anything? That can sometimes trigger it. I would try to rule out any potential medical issues (as mentioned) before, though.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:31 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• I would also suspect an infection, especially if she's going so often.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:24 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Have her checked for an infection.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:22 PM on Dec. 10, 2012