Do any of your kids share a room?

How old are they? How old was each child when they started sharing? Was it hard ? I have a 3 yr old who is used to co sleeping but my 16 month old isn't he has his own room and bed. I want to transistion my 3 yr old in the same room, hoping he will not keep my 16 month old awake. Sigh I'm praying lol. The reason my 3 yr old co sleeps still is bc I do not have custody but soon will. If that explains some confusion lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Dec. 10, 2012 in General Parenting

• My boys have shared a room since they were 5 and 2. IMO it's going to be harder to transition the 3 year old to a shared room with the 16 month old if he's not there nightly. Even nightly it's a bit of work with constantly putting them back to bed until they seem to get that resistance is futile.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:03 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• My oldest 2 shared a room when they were little. They were 3 and 18 months when they started sharing and they shared at my house until they were 8 and 10. They are now almost 13 and 15 and still share a room at their dads every other weekend. For us at the time it was the only solution so we did what we had to do. Fortunately they are both heavy sleepers. My oldest has autism and has always talked himself to sleep. His brother learned to tune him out and fall asleep with very little trouble.

Answer by missanc at 8:04 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• My girls share a room. They have since my oldest was almost 4 & my youngest was 11 mo.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:05 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Mine never have. I know how big of a problem getting them to sleep together in a hotel room is, and I am sure they'd keep each other awake just as much at home. They're 4 and 2, Btw. Good luck!
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 8:17 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Yep - 10 & 9 share, and 7 & 5 share. More than likely the 7 will go in with the 9 & 10 next summer.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 8:19 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Yup- they all have.
    We learned to put the hard to go to sleep kid in the room first and then the easy kid to sleep after.
    Some times it meant the younger got to stay up later than the older...but you do what you have to.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:26 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• My DD and baby #2 will be sharing a room starting in June. She will be 4, and is excited.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 8:57 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Our two youngest sons are 9, and 10 yrs old. They are 13 months apart, and have always shared a room.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:58 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• The idea that every kid needs his or her own room is really only a generation or two old. My parents didn't have their own rooms. I shared a room with my sister till we were teenagers.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:22 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Mine are 4 and 1 but in a couple years they will have their own room.. but they are still young right now
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 11:58 PM on Dec. 10, 2012