Has anyone every gone through?

A mid life crisis? I am 38 and I think I am, how did you get through it? I am really struggling!

lapcounter

Asked by lapcounter at 10:09 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Embrace it. Don't do anything stupid (like leave your husand, or spend a ton of money on something stupid). Just be glad to be your age. Dress sexy. Do some harmless flirting. Take a few night classes to see if anything appeals to you. Maybe you need to open a resturant or take on a big new challenge.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 9:33 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Can you say exactly what you're going through? Tired of your husband, family life? Depressed? Wishing you were "young" again? Generally unhappy? How is it that you feel?
    gummylump

Answer by gummylump at 10:57 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Basically all the above, although I am nt really tired of my husband and not deressed been there done that so I know what the feels like. Just uneasy, want more, I used to be a total cowgirl, boots jeans only would wear a certain style of clothes now it is high heels, clothes from Dillards instead of western stores, not sure what job I want even though I like the one I have, just a hell of a lot!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 11:34 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I think it is totally normal to be going through this. It is human nature to need to reinvent ourselves so to speak...especially for women. Just don't put too much presure on yourself, you will find your way. Cowgirls don't cry! Maybe make a list of all the things you are interested in or would like to try and then pick a few favs and see where that takes you. Have a date night with hubby and talk about what attracted you to him in the first place. I don't think this is a crisis...just a golden opportunity to learn and grow and experience new things. Good luck!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:09 PM on Feb. 12, 2009