Wounld you take A 13 month old to er if

Really congested, 102 fever and a cough?

tigger3itch

Asked by tigger3itch at 9:37 PM on Dec. 10, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No, I'd give her Tylenol- Motrin switch, take her in bathroom shut door and run hot water only and cup her back to help bring up congestion.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:43 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Only if the tylenol/ibuprofen didn't work or it persists more than 24 hours. My kids have all gotten the "24 hour fever" bug before, and literally, after 24 hours, the fever just goes away.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 9:46 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• I wouldn't worry too much mama, I know it's super hard when your kid is miserable. The ER won't do anything but tell you to alternate motrin and tylenol when the fever is under 103-104. Definitely give the ped a call and express your worries though.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:22 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• not if it stayed around that or came down a little, if it went any higher and you couldnt break it probably, but I would call Dr tomorrow, make sure its not an ear infection or something that needs to be looked at.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 12:39 AM on Dec. 11, 2012

• No, but I'd call the ped in the morning if the fever is still hanging around.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:39 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• probably not
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:39 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• No. Sounds like a nasty cold. I avoid the ER as much as possible.

Call your pediatrician and speak to the doc on call if you are really concerned. Otherwise lots of steamy, vicks on the feet at bed time, and tylenol/motrin as needed.

Hope baby feels better soon.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:39 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Thanks eveyone. ...I gets really scared about rsv and my brother had it and stopped breathing and bc of that he is special bc he lost a lot of oxygen to his brain
    tigger3itch

Comment by tigger3itch (original poster) at 9:42 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• No, just keep fluids going and tylenol to knock out the fever.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:44 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• I would definitely call the pediatrician. I would use a humidifer. If it goes to 103 and you can not bring it down I would go to the ER.
    He is drinking water/ fluid?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:49 PM on Dec. 10, 2012