When do you stop bringing baby with you shopping for their Christmas gift?

What age do you usually stop bringing the kids Christmas Shopping with you to buy their gift? I brought my twins Christmas shopping for them at a month old. I stopped it once they turned a year old. Now they try to go with me, but I just say "it's for you guys, if you come with I can't buy it for you and that means no gifts."

So when do you usually stop bringing them along?

Sorry that the title is too long, I couldn't think of anything else. Lol

Asked by LovingMommy0123 at 10:46 PM on Dec. 10, 2012 in Holidays

• I took him with me the first year because he was only a few months old. After that I tried to avoid taking him shopping with me no matter what I was shopping for.

Answer by kmath at 10:48 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• I stopped taking my daughter Christmas shopping, no matter who I was buying for, when she learned to talk. I guess she was two, almost three, the last time she might have gone with me. I do a lot of my shopping online, though. I avoid malls!

Answer by Ballad at 10:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• When they were 3. By then they knew what it was all about.

Answer by Bmat at 11:09 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• 3 i believe.. maybe 4 i could still get away with "psht.. this isn't for you"

but now at 6 i did all my shopping without him and he thinks that theirs nothing under the tree for him1 :D

Answer by mampanda0422 at 11:17 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• I believe it was the Christmas right before her 3rd birthday (February).

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:19 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• 2-3 or so before I stopped being obvious about what I was picking up. There are still times my 8 and 11 year old are with me and utterly clueless about gifts being in the cart.

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:19 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• lol- before age 2 i think

Answer by staciandababy at 11:19 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• 2 is the cut off age for me.

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 11:32 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• ive bought DS gifts for this Christmas while he was with me and he'll be 2 in April. he has no clue. i only recently stopped talking about my DD's gifts in front of to continue that up till her last bday (4). kids can be pretty clueless haha

Answer by okmanders at 11:35 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• I still shopped with my 4 yo this year. She didn't know I was shopping for them when we stopped at the store.

Answer by coala at 11:40 PM on Dec. 10, 2012