Ugh,.., I hate my DH sometimes

I swear he's the hardest man to communicate with, he's an unfair talker or fighter, blames, turns things around and is down right in-fucking-sane, pardon my french.. is there one thing in your relationship you can not talk about without it turning in to a fight?? we've been together 16 years and its only getting harder.. I am at my wits with this man....

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 11:33 PM on Dec. 10, 2012 in Relationships

• Hold on a minute? Are you ladies trying to tell me that it is possible to actually WIN an argument with your dh? How exactly does that happen? There are some things that I have been trying to bring to my husbands attention for the last 10 years and it has done no good. He'll change for a little while and then, boom, right back to the way he was. It's frustrating and I feel like I am beating my head against a wall. It's gotten so bad at times that I sometimes feel like he is just blowing smoke up my butt to shut me up.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:51 AM on Dec. 11, 2012

• Hang in there maxsmom, they can be idiots! My DH and I have been married 30 years in April.

He'll come around and I know with my DH there are some arguments I'm just not going to win. Same with him. I just walk away, not worth my energy to get pissed.

What's amazing to me is if we have an argument at night, he can go right to sleep! Not me, I spend a few hours brooding! LOL
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:31 AM on Dec. 11, 2012

• Your 5 yo is going to grow up and model the same type of relationship because he's going to think that's normal. It's not. My relationship with my ex was like that for 12 years. When I left I took my kids to a therapist (they were 4, 5 and 8) so they could talk it out and they are very well adjusted about it. Now I am remarried and they are seeing a healthy model for when they grow up and start looking for a spouse.

Answer by missanc at 6:13 AM on Dec. 11, 2012

• You child will start to see if he hasn't already, you bad marriage. Best to leave and be happy. Your child will be happy too.

Answer by louise2 at 6:54 AM on Dec. 11, 2012

• Holidays! He hates them, I love them and he HATES putting lights on the house with my help.
    It turns into an argument everytime.
    I know what irritates him, so I just do my thing and leave him the hell alone, lol
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:40 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• I know how you feel. I felt that way earlier when my boyfriend and I argued about a dentist appointment I have to go to in the morning, and he said talking to me was as unproductive as playing in traffic. Sometimes it's just best to give up, quit talking, and wait till things cool off.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:57 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• Yeah I divorced someone like that.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:41 AM on Dec. 11, 2012

• Damn it. Putting on sexy outfit and he wants to fight about your sister??? Girl you know I love you. I would say enough is enough. ONE person cannot make a marriage work. Only you can decide if you are ready to end this, but in the meantime, my god please do something for yoursel that makes you happy. Like, take a vacation by yourself or with a girlfriend or two. Here you are trying to make him happy, I think it is time to make yourself happy, with or without him. LOVE ya!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:28 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• this fight is about my sister, you KNOw that will never end up good, there is no answer, no suggestion, no POINT to these "conversation" and i hate that he turns it back to "I can't talk to you ever" ugh... .I"m so f-ing done..
    maxsmom11807

Comment by maxsmom11807 (original poster) at 11:48 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• yeah but 16 years>?? I'm so f-ing tired of caving in to his tantrums, ugh - I just can't stop crying. mind you, i put our son to bed came down in a brand new sexy lace outfit, and he said oh wow, then wanted to "re-hash" the talk about my sister, then got mad and hour and a half later when I took off my outfit cause it was pointless. man the lows are getting soooo low these day
    maxsmom11807

Comment by maxsmom11807 (original poster) at 12:03 AM on Dec. 11, 2012