Our annual 'honeymoon'

When my DH & I married 3 yrs ago we promised to get away yearly for a 'honeymoon' every year. We have all but our 1st ann- because I was due with our DS.

This year we were looking into where to go, I suggested a cruise he said "no way"- so I suggested NM. He thought that was great, til he talked to his cousin and his cousin said it was dirty, and we should all 4 (cousin & his wife) should go on a cruise together. Now, our 'honeymoon' will be spent with family, doing what my hubs told me no to- should this bother me, this is supposed to be our annual 'alone time'.
note: his cousin and he own a company together, so it will be non stop talk about the company.

kikitty

Asked by kikitty at 10:14 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• Speak up and suggest that you go on your own. Going with just your hubby will be a completely different vacation than going with another couple.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 10:19 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• IMO. You should inform your DH that, because THEY will be comimg along. You don't concider it a HONEYMOON. That he owes you a HONEYMOON. IMO

Answer by louise2 at 10:20 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• u r spoiled!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• anon that was mature
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I wish it were as easy as being spoiled, it's our only time together because every date we set up he brings along family or friends, and he just ended an affair in July of last year... we're in marital counseling now, so it's supposed to be important to get our time together
    kikitty

Answer by kikitty at 11:50 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I'd talk to him... that isn't being spoiled wanting alone time with your hubby. . .goodness. .. anyways.. just let him know want time just for the two of you. .. nothign wrong with that at all!!!
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 11:52 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• talk to him. and tell the cousins your DH didn't want to go on a cruise, and that your vacation is for both of you, not just you, and you need to honor his wants as well. And you have every right to be alone with your husband. This is kind of a tradition for you two, and if you're strong enough to battle through the situation you mentioned above, you two deserve the time alone!

might i suggest a trip to Colorado? The hotsprings and mountains are beautiful! I took a trip to Cripple Creek, CO, last April, and I've been dying to go again! The drive was absolutely beautiful! Our hotel had a stunning view of the mountains, and was an all-out romantic trip!

Plus, if you're a gambler, or just like to go to play, the casino resorts have cheaper hotel rates, and when you're actually in the casino, you're served free drinks all night long! ; )
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:26 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• First off-Congrats =) My hubby and I have been married 11 years, and we have yet to have a honeymoon, even a first one. So, I think that you and your hubby have a GREAT thing going, and if someone wants to say your spoiled, then tell them GOOD! It's good to be spoiled, and I think every wife should be.

I would sit and talk to you hubby and tell him that you are a little hurt by this, and how you were really looking forward to time alone with just you and him. Let him know your heart, and if he doesn't change his mind, then just try to make the best of it. Enjoy the cruise, and realize that you are blessed to have your man, and that you are able to work things out. Let the counseling work for y'all, and enjoy one another on the cruise if he decides not to change his mind.
    Anonymous