Dumb question

last night, we had some crazy weather. lightning storms, tornado warnings, heavy rain and thunder. my outside lights are plugged into an outlet on my porch, and it rained in the porch, soaking the outlet. when i went to bed, after the storms had finished, the lights were off even though they're still plugged in. i didn't want to risk unplugging them while everything was wet, so today is it safe to unplug them? and will they ever work again? lol

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 7:52 AM on Dec. 11, 2012 in Home & Garden

• I'd throw the main power switch off,then unplug it all,then restart the house power

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:54 AM on Dec. 11, 2012

• Unplug the lights then just flip the breaker switch on at the box since the rain on the cord probably flipped the breaker. Then replug in the lights.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:00 AM on Dec. 11, 2012

• Check your breaker. That happens to us too. It flips the breaker and we just have to reset it.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:50 AM on Dec. 11, 2012

• I checked the breaker and everything is still on?
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 10:16 AM on Dec. 11, 2012

• Turn the breaker off then unplug. Or call the City Utility Department of your city they will be able to answer this question.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:24 AM on Dec. 11, 2012