Any one ever taken the antibiotic Avelox?

I'm starting my first day on my 3rd round of antibiotics, but it's supposed to be stronger than the others. It better work, it cost $40 with insurance ($200 without). Any one ever used it?

mommy_jules

Asked by mommy_jules at 8:23 AM on Dec. 11, 2012 in Health

• Avelox is one of the best antibiotics available. Used to treat only bacterial infections.
    It is commonly prescribed after all other options are found not to work. It's very expensive but well worth it.
    Hope you feel better soon.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 9:12 AM on Dec. 11, 2012

• Can I ask what you're taking it for? I've taken a LOT of antibiotics but that doesn't sound like one of them (95% of the time I take them for upper resp/ear/sinus infections though).
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 8:29 AM on Dec. 11, 2012

• Hmm, I'll have to keep that one in mind - thanks for sharing! Sorry I couldn't help you out though!
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 1:25 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• For a sinus infection, I think it's still relatively new since I didn't get a generic version of it. I'm definitely getting a netti pot after this.
    mommy_jules

Comment by mommy_jules (original poster) at 8:33 AM on Dec. 11, 2012