should I find a new pediatrician?

my pediatrician never explains anything, and when i ask questions they give me obvious answers that i already knew but i needed a more in depth answer.
The doctor is nice but some of the nurses piss me off, the last time they gave my DD her shots (they have 2 nurses that do them at the same time), one of the nurses put the needle in my DD's leg before the other one did and she took it out then did it again! i was pissed, even I know that you are not supposed to do that, it dulls the needle.
Should I find a new pediatrician or are all of them like this?

mommyBrooke849

Asked by mommyBrooke849 at 10:33 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Always go with your gut, especially when it comes to something like this. If you don't get a great feeling it is time to look elsewhere.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:04 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I would really find another dr! They are not all like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Yes.. I LOVE my sons pediatricians... They are all so great and explain EVERYTHING and spend as much time as needed with me!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:34 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• If you're not comfortable with your dr or their office for any reason, you should switch. I know its hard, especially if you've developed an attachment, but there are a lot of great doctors out there. You shouldn't settle, and you'll probably like a good doctor even better.
    lovepotato

Answer by lovepotato at 10:53 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• YES, find someone else. Find a friend that loves their pediatrician and try them first.

Don't forget that you are the pediatrician's CUSTOMER (as well as patient) and if they don't appreciate that, or perform to your liking, go somewhere else ;) You'll be happier!
    gummylump

Answer by gummylump at 10:56 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I would find someone else! I was luckly enough to have a OB/GYN that is also a family dr./ pedi dr. as well. So I started seeing her when I was pregnant, and then after labor and delivery she saw both me and the baby for check-ups! It was great- because I had the experience before the baby was born to determine if I was going to have her as my dd pedi. I would find a new doctor though because it sounds like where you are going they like to half ass the appointment for full price. Sorry they have been so inconsiderate, good luck!
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 11:21 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Then yes, if you are not getting what you want out of this doctor, then I say find a new one.
    charlie06

Answer by charlie06 at 11:29 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• yes, If they do not give you the respect to answer your questions than he is not being a good doc.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:03 PM on Feb. 12, 2009