Has your SO ever hit you.. playfully or agressively?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 10:33 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• One time I slapped my husband and in reaction, he hit me back. He freaked out after and felt so horrible. It was a natural reaction. I don't agree with it at all and I am not trying to justify it. But it happened. He felt bad and so did I. I shouldn't have slapped him. It has been years and we have a new respect for just walking away from a situation when it's heated.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Yep. I liked being roughed up sometimes during sex.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:45 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• He smacks my Ass on a daily basis :) But No he's never struck me out of anger, and if he did, he would find himself single, in jail, and all his parental rights revoked and he would NEVER see me or the kids again, UNLESS he got help
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:47 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Once. We were going through a really rough time. We were talking about divorce. I told him that I would stay where we were and he could move back to his hometown. He could see the baby whenever he was able to visit. He exploded with rage. He choked me. It was very nearly the end of our relationship.

I only say nearly, and not absolutely, because it was the first and last time he has ever been even moderately aggressive. He repented for months. He has done everything possible to make it up to me, and has never lost control of his temper like that again. I have always told people that the first time should be the last time you ever see that person again. I now have one experience that tells me that tue bottom is truly a place to work your way out of.

PLEASE don't think I'm advocating staying in an abusive relationship. I don't suggest that for anyone. In MY CASE one attack didn't constitute abuse. A 2nd WILL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• We have also agreed to couples therapy if things ever get that bad again.

Sometimes, and I stress SOMETIMES, a second chance is an option. For us, it was...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• NO Never has he hit me either way. hitting is not acceptable.
    charlie06

Answer by charlie06 at 11:29 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Never, it's not funny, if he hit you once he will do it again. Always seek help.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:52 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• We play around, wrestle, play hit, it's fine. He hasn't ever hit me in any way other then playfully.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 11:54 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• yes, but I hit him first, and we enjoy roughing each other up a little. it gets us horny.
    Anonymous

• We goof around all the time. We are constantly wrestling for the remote. Which usually turns into something more fun. We even box with 16oz gloves on. After I kick his butt it's my son's turn. But he has a much longer reach then I do so he usually kicks mine. LOL
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 12:40 PM on Feb. 12, 2009