I need new ideas for my sons lunch box.

What are some ideas to pack in his lunch other then peanut butter and jelly and ham sandwhichs. He isnt allowed to heat up his lunch so it would need to be things that will stay well until he can eat it. Thanks

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 10:36 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Cheese, crackers & pepperoni slices.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 10:38 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Try the Lunchables .
    katherine4

Answer by katherine4 at 10:41 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Tuna salad, egg salad, tuna on crackers. Take pbj or ham and put it on a tortilla, like a burrito, instead of bread. Also, you can get a thermos and send him with hot lunches then. My kids each have a thermos and on cold days, I send tomato soup, mac & cheese, mashed potatoes, chicken nuggets etc. It stays plenty warm until they go to lunch, in fact, it's still warm when I pick them up from school.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:15 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I love our thermos, u can send leftover casserole, cut up pizza, pasta, mac&cheese and it stays warm. Try those flat wraps, they come in several flavors, you can wrap any lunch meat in it, we like sandwich pepperoni or roast beef, shredded cheese and italian dressing. Try getting a lil to go container for the dressing though it can get soggy if u use too much. for a built in cold pack we freeze a bittle of water or gatorade, even juice box the night b4, pull it out in the am and it keeps everything cold and gives them a nice cold refreshing drink at lunch! its usually mostly thawed by then.
    lakegeorge_mom

Answer by lakegeorge_mom at 11:28 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Definately get a thermos. SOmetimes my kids take left overs from dinner the night before, soup, spaghetti. Tuna salad, cheese and crackers, fruit, cheese sticks, carrots and dip. MAybe my son is weird but he doesn't mind eating cold pizza so sometimes he'll get that if we have pizza the night before.
    InsanitySpeaks

Answer by InsanitySpeaks at 1:28 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Crackers with pepperoni and mozzarella. Pasta salad. Tuna wraps. Tuna with crackers. Peanut butter and honey. Peanut butter and banana. Apples with peanut butter dip. Bagel with cream cheese and ham. Ham/cheese/cream cheese roll ups. Yogurt with fruit and granola. Cottage cheese with fruit and crackers.

yakara77

Answer by yakara77 at 1:31 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Mom used to make me boiled eggs already shelled.
    Wraps are a good idea.
    A big chef salad.
    Cheese ball / cheese slices with crackers.
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 7:16 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Get him a small thermos, then you can send him stuff that can be warm - leftovers, mac and cheese, soup, spaghettios

Anonymous

• i had 4 kids within 10 years, so we always had plenty of lunch issues. i always kept a big basket of school snacks and another with school drinks. no one was to have either except for school, otherwise they disappear too fast. because we'd go thru so many, i'd only buy the snacks that were under 20 cents each, and drinks under 15 cents each, but i was always able to keep an assortment. each child could choose 2 snacks (not the same item, though) and one drink, plus fruit. i'd always try to keep lunch meat on hand that they liked, or their favorite jelly. at your son's age, he should be able to make his own lunch. give him the tools to enable him to make his own lunch... good luck!
    vickiathome

Answer by vickiathome at 5:43 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I just started making little pizzas for my kids and they love it. Get a tube of butermilk biscuits (7.5 oz) and flatten each biscuit. press onto bottom and some of the sides of a greased muffin tin. put a tablespoon or so of pizza sauce, a peperoni slice and a T or so of Mozz. bake at 425 for 10 to 15 minutes. They love these.
    pattigioeli

Answer by pattigioeli at 11:25 AM on Feb. 16, 2009