Getting DS a puppy for xmas, now, how do I wrap this thing?!

Okay im not literally going to wrap it, but im picturing it just like the movies where he opens a box and a puppy pops out lol. I will keep it at the neighbors house, and wont put the puppy in the box until im at our front door, so it will be in the box for a total of like 10 seconds. Or should i just throw a bow on it and call it a day? Oh and with the box idea, for some reason i cant find a big enough box with a lid anywhere??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Dec. 11, 2012 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I say put a bow on the puppy and have the puppy lick DS awake on Christmas morning
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:26 AM on Dec. 11, 2012

• I think Lost has the perfect idea!
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 11:28 AM on Dec. 11, 2012

• my best guess would be to go to a uhaul store but that will not be the same kind of box. You could use a basket with a cover.

I am not a fan of either idea. I think I would come to the door, making sure my son was near the door and just set the puupy on the ground to run in. I am not a fan of bows on dogs either unless it is the (not too) adhesive kind lol.
    Have fun and be sure someone has a camera ready.

I just had an idea on the uhaul ox. Get some chimney wrapping paper and make sure the box is tall enough for the puppy not to get out and then set it by the tree. (be sure to put a towel in the box)
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:41 AM on Dec. 11, 2012

• When I gave my DS a puppy as a gift, I just used a big red bow around her neck.

Not sure how you'd keep a box from moving.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:43 AM on Dec. 11, 2012

• You could get a stuffed dog that looks like the real one and then stick a note on it telling him to check outside/on the porch etc.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 12:15 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• Please tell me you are rescuing, not purchasing.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:18 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• We gave our kids a puppy too this year - did it 2 weeks ago already though. I hid her in my bedroom until it was time, had the kids sit on the couch all together with their eyes shut/covered, and brought her out in my arms and told them to open once I was sitting in front of them.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 1:37 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• We got a puppy 3 years ago. We just told the kids that santa dropped him off early. They never questioned anything.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:21 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• I got one for my birthday one year, and my mom found a large, square white box at the hallmark store - the kind that had a flap lid. She just closed that over and brought it out unwrapped with a stick on bow on top. He was already nosing out of the box by the time she put the box down, but the effect was still there.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:24 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• buy a dog training crate and put the puppy in it & wrap it just before you give it to them.
    mamabear484

Answer by mamabear484 at 2:31 PM on Dec. 21, 2012