I guess there is a catch in the Colorado and Washington pot laws.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/11/15823718-so-where-will-all-that-legal-pot-come-from-sale-of-pot-stymied?lite

This cracks me up  but I can see the logic.  Prosecute the dealers. You would have to catch someone in  the act of buying it or they could just claim it was a gift etc.  ROFLOLFOC

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 12:59 PM on Dec. 11, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• This is not new news or even big news. The residents of Washington state were well aware of the conflicting laws when they voted for the legalization of marijuana. We look at it more as a step in the right direction. An opportunity to open up conversations on a federal level. You have to start somewhere, right?
    Anonymous

• Of course there is... there are medical marijuana growers and users in Oregon who are in federal prisons for violating federal law...
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 1:08 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• I agree with anon. They idea, imo, was to get this issue into the courts and/or find a way to work with the feds to break the impasse. It's the first step in what will be a more in-depth process, I think.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 1:32 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• Its probably going to put the topic on the table... Im not sure exactly whats going to happen to it... I see if from a clinician point of view, because that is my environment, and they are wholeheartedly opposed (as a whole). (I am not a clinician, but I work with those in recovery). The clinical lobby doesnt seem too focused on the state measures as they do on the federal impact, and the federal power, to change the state laws. Sorta like back when the federal govt said, all states have to have a 21 age requirement for drinking alcohol or we wont give you federal dollars for your roads, (or whatever it was). Im sorta waiting to see if the feds sit back and let these state laws just play themselves out, or lower the boom with some similar mandate. I think it will depend on the power of the lobbyist....
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 1:41 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• I wasn't aware of the law, when I found out I was really bummed. My husband and I have been struggling financially and thought we could start a new business, until we found out the law.

Anonymous

• I suppose but it still cracks me up.
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 1:35 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• from Colombia
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 3:57 PM on Dec. 11, 2012