My fight with UPS...

I live in a converted house. Our apartment is in the rear (best access through the alley) and down the stairs, yes, the basement.
The main entryway of the building is a large foyer.

SO's mom mails a lot of stuff for baby with delivery by UPS.

The delivery people initially would only drop packages off to the foyer. Right inside the front door (which the upstairs residents never closed). Then when the people in the main apartment moved didn't deliver at all because- are you ready? We had moved.

SO called them and said, "No, we still live in the back of the building, down the stairs". "When can we expect the package"?

They told us that if we wanted them to make a second attempt at delivery it would cost $6.99. Or we could go to the distribution center and pick it up for free.

We then tacked a note on the main mailbox with directions to the apartment. No issue. Happy dance.

Last night we were expecting baby's holiday gift. By 8:30 no package. SO went looking for it (perhaps it's in the foyer?) Nope! It is next to the trash can on the side of the house! Electronics, in a cardboard box, exposed to the elements.

Great- now "I" am dealing with UPS.
@#$%^#@!

Pretty sure, after all my calls are done today, we will never have a delivery issue again- ugh.

feralxat

Asked by feralxat at 1:37 PM on Dec. 11, 2012 in Shopping

• Just sent an email to my husband (driver dispatcher at UPS) asking him to help me answer this. I'll get back to you as soon as I hear from him.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:35 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• WOW! I am sorry they are being difficult.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:45 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• So sorry you are dealing with that. I've missed packages too, but the center is only about 5 miles down the road. I always tell them just to leave it there and I'll come pick it up. I don't recall asking about redelivery. However, that doesn't sound like your fault at all..... So, I would ask to speak to the Manager.

Good luck to you.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:22 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• Sorry how after this you dont have any more problems with them
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 2:24 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• i had the same issue! Now my DS toy was destroyed because they place it in the snow and i can get a replacement until AFTER Christmas. I told them thanks for ruining my child's christmas. (It was his main gift and I know it would have been his favorite)
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:43 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• I wouldn't ship anything through them anymore!
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 7:55 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• We usually go to the distribution center for electronics due to potential theft.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:36 AM on Dec. 12, 2012

• write a sign
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 1:48 PM on Dec. 15, 2012