So im really scared right now... adult content

I for a few months have been having weird periods,they will start and go for 2 days then quit then start again after a day has passed and then either stop later that day or the next. About a week ago i started getting very sharp pains in my left groin and each day the pain increases even more and on top of that ive been getting sick easily i bloat really bad to where i look 6mo preggo. I talk to my mom earlier today and she told me that she got blood tests done a week ago because she is also having the same symptoms except for she has swollen lymph nodes all over her body. When it comes to the doctors my mom procrastinates. Im getting an internal ultra sound tomorrow and im scared they are gonna find a big mass in there. My family on my moms side has a history of cervical cancer and breast cancer. Im scared for both me and my mom:(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Dec. 11, 2012 in Health

• I'm glad you're getting it checked out--it is scary, but that's what you gotta do. Good luck at your appointment.
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 2:59 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• Positive thoughts and prayers to your whole family. Hopefully it's something they can get a handle on without being too invasive.  

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:59 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• Make sure they do a full blood work up.
    I had periods like what you descibe and I am fine. Try to think positive, though I know it is hard. For me it was my thyroid but I know other things can cause upsets and thyroid conditions run in families. Good news is that if that is the problem it is a quick fix.
    You have my good thoughts and prayers if you want tem. Please be sure to let us know how the tests came out.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:59 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• That IS scary. Thinking of both of you. :(
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 2:59 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• I can understand why you're scared. Don't get ahead of yourself though. Get checked out, and go from there. Good luck. I hope it's nothing serious for either of you.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:13 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• It does sound like you have something going on with at least an ovary, possibly a cyst. At least you will know what is going on sooner rather than later and hopefully your answers will also help your mom.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 9:41 PM on Dec. 13, 2012